If you like sour, you’ll love this. A Rum Sour is just what it sounds like, a tasty but sour rum cocktail.
Rum SourCourse: cocktailDifficulty: easy
3 oz Rum, dark
1 oz Lime Juice, fresh
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1 Egg White
- Add rum, egg white, syrup, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for about 10 seconds.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Shake until shaker is ice cold (about 25 seconds).
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish & Enjoy!
- Simple Syrup is so easy to make yourself. In a saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Make your rum sour even better by serving it in a chilled glass.
Egg whites are an easy way to add foam to cocktails and are often used in sour drinks.
Do you use or skip the egg white froth? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Want another cocktail recipe? Check out my Juan Collins Recipe next!
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
Please Drink Responsibly!
Seriously. Don’t drink and drive, ever! Know your limits. Be responsible.
If you (or someone you know) is struggling with alcohol, please check this list of resources that can help.