The Tom Collins is a pretty well known cocktail but it’s just one of many “Collins” cocktails. I prefer the Juan Collins. What’s the difference between Tom and Juan? Tequila.
Juan CollinsCourse: cocktailDifficulty: easy
1.5 oz Tequila, white/blanco/silver
1 oz Lemon Juice, fresh
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
3 oz Club Soda
- Garnish Ideas
Lemon Wedge / Slice
Orange Wedge / Slice
- Add ingredients (except soda) to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 25 to 30 seconds (until shaker is ice cold).
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Strain cocktail into glass.
- Top with soda and stir gently.
- Garnish & Enjoy!
- Simple Syrup is so easy to make yourself. In a saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
Become Friends with Juan.
The Juan Collins is my fave from the Collins family. What’s yours? Share in the comments.
Want another tequila cocktail? Check out my Classic Margarita Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
Please Drink Responsibly!
Seriously. Don’t drink and drive, ever! Know your limits. Be responsible.
If you (or someone you know) is struggling with alcohol, please check this list of resources that can help.