This Spanish Chicken Recipe is a complete dish in only 40 minutes. It’s nutritious, delicious, easy, and filling. You might just have every ingredient you need already on hand!
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup White or Brown Rice, uncooked
- 2.25 cups Broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- In a small bowl, whisk together spices (paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, chili, coriander, Italian)
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken legs, 1/2 tbsp oil, and half of spice mixture.
Optional: allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and brown chicken legs (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add lemon juice and broth to de-glaze pan (stir around and loosen any bits attached to the pan). Add remaining spice mixture and rice. Stir to combine.
- Place browned chicken on top of rice. Cover and cook for ~25 minutes until chicken is 165°F/75°C, liquid is absorbed, and rice is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 22.9gSaturated Fat: 5.5gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 26.9gNet Carbohydrates: 25.7gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 2.6gProtein: 35.4g
A Complete Meal
Not only will this make a great dinner tonight, this Spanish chicken is just as good the next day!
What type of rice do you prefer in your one-pot meals? Share in the comments!
Ready for more? Check out my delicious Chicken Shawarma Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.