The Sangrita Shot is really 2 shots: 1 tequila & 1 non-alcoholic chaser.
There are two very different versions of the Sangrita Shot recipe: the (original) Mexican Sangrita and the American Sangrita recipe.
The Mexican Sangrita features a spicy orange chaser. The American Sangrita features a spicy tomato chaser. Both are delicious!
Mexican & American SangritasCourse: cocktailDifficulty: easy
1 oz Tequila
- Mexican Chaser (+61 calories)
1 oz Orange Juice, fresh
3/4 oz Lime Juice, fresh
1/2 oz Grenadine
3 dashes Hot Sauce
- American Chaser (+6 calories)
1 oz Tomato Juice
4 drops Tabasco Sauce
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Fill a shot glass with tequila.
- Choose your chaser: Mexican or American
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add shooter ingredients.
- Shake vigorously until shaker is ice cold (25 to 30 seconds).
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Shoot the tequila shot & immediately follow with the chaser shot.
- The tequila shot has 69 calories. The chaser shots have very different calories (orange juice has a lot more calories than tomato juice).
You don’t have to stick to just one type of Sangrita Shot – give both a try! Share your favorite Sangrita in the comments.
Want another shot? Check out my Sticky Canadian Shot Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
Please Drink Responsibly!
Seriously. Don’t drink and drive, ever! Know your limits. Be responsible.
If you (or someone you know) is struggling with alcohol, please check this list of resources that can help.