Like sour things? The Amaretto Sour could be the perfect cocktail for you!
FYI: many Amaretto Sour Recipes call for twice as much sugar (or more) as mine does. I firmly believe that this drink should be SOUR so I put in the smallest amount of sugar I can. You might want to adjust to your taste.
Amaretto SourCourse: cocktailDifficulty: easy
2 oz Amaretto Liqueur
1/2 to 1 oz Simple Syrup
3/4 oz Lemon Juice, fresh
1 Egg White
- Garnish Ideas
Black Olives (1 or 3)
Orange Slice / Twist
- Add egg white to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until frothy (about 20 seconds).
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Add amaretto, syrup, and lemon juice.
- Shake vigorously until shaker is ice cold (25 to 30 seconds).
- Add ice to a glass.
- Strain cocktail into glass.
- Garnish & Enjoy!
- Simple Syrup is so easy to make yourself. In a saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
Not So Sweet
I like sour. Really sour. If you’re not going all the way sour, why go sour at all? How sour do you like things?
Want another cocktail? Check out my Black & Tan Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
Please Drink Responsibly!
Seriously. Don’t drink and drive, ever! Know your limits. Be responsible.
If you (or someone you know) is struggling with alcohol, please check this list of resources that can help.