I love drinks that involve muddling. They’re always so flavorful (assuming you muddle properly). The Whiskey Smash is an amazing muddled cocktail. Try it!
Whiskey SmashCourse: cocktailDifficulty: easy
2 oz Whiskey
3 to 4 sprigs Spearmint, fresh
1/4 lemon, cut
1 oz Simple Syrup
- Garnish Ideas
Lemon Wedge / Twist
Black Olives (1 or 3)
- Add mint and lemon to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle until fragrant and mint oils are released
- Add whiskey and syrup.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously until shaker is ice cold (25 to 30 seconds).
- Fill glass with ice.
- Strain cocktail into glass.
- Garnish & Enjoy!
- Simple Syrup is so easy to make yourself. In a saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
Muddle it Good!
The Whiskey Smash is just one of the many cocktails that require muddling. Which one is your favorite?
Want another cocktail recipe? Check out my Amaretto Sour Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
Please Drink Responsibly!
Seriously. Don’t drink and drive, ever! Know your limits. Be responsible.
If you (or someone you know) is struggling with alcohol, please check this list of resources that can help.