A spinach salad is a great base or side for any meal. I typically eat it for lunch with whatever leftover protein I have in my fridge.
A 2-cup serving of this salad has only 18 calories and 1.8g of net carbs making this an excellent low-carb or low-calorie choice.
Mix it up by changing up the ingredients and you’ll never be bored!
- 4 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Bok Choy, shredded
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup Celery, diced
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, chopped
- Chop & shred all your vegetables
- Serve with your favorite dressing
To prepare salad in advance, store your leafy/lettuce veggies separate from the wetter veggies. There are a couple of ways to do this:
- Store each veg or veg-type separately in an air-tight container.
- Store a complete salad in one jar, layered from heavy/wet to light/dry. Put a piece of paper towel on top to keep those dry ingredients even drier.
What's Bok Choy?
Bok Choy is my favorite vegetable and I put it in basically everything. It's delicious raw, steamed, stir-fried, baked in stuff, in soup, etc.,
You might see it sold as 'Bok Choy,' 'Pak Choi,' or 'Pok Choi.'
My local grocery stores usually have bok choy in stock (but just one). When I head to my nearest Asian Grocer (which unfortunately isn't super close), they usually have several varieties.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 0.3gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 3.3gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 1.3gProtein: 1.6g
Spinach Salad is YUM!
Spinach salad goes with everything and I could eat it every single day.
Head down to the comments and share your favorite protein to eat with this tasty spinach salad.
Want more? Why not try my Low-Carb Brussels Salad Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.