Ready in 30 minutes with just 9 ingredients, this pesto chicken recipe is a delicious. One serving is 373 calories and 6.7g of net carbs. Try it tonight!
- 4 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream
- 10 Olives, pitted & sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Add coconut oil to skillet and cook chicken pieces for 5 minutes. Flip chicken and add garlic. Continue cooking until chicken is golden brown & no longer pink in the center.
- While your chicken is cooking, whisk together coconut cream and pesto.
- Transfer chicken to an oven-safe casserole dish. Spread olives and feta cheese on top. Pour cream & pesto mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake dish for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and creamy.
Substitutions & Additions
- This recipe can be made with any chicken (I like thighs best, but breast is totally fine). I usually use leftover roasted chicken (which cuts down on the cooking time, too).
- Coconut cream adds an extra layer of flavor to this dish, but you can use regular heavy cream.
- If you don't like Feta Cheese (or don't have it on hand), you can use a different cheese. I've used Mozzarella and Cheddar and both have been delicious (although Feta is best).
- Toss in whatever vegetables you have on hand to boost the nutrients and make it a one-dish meal.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 30.2gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 8.4gNet Carbohydrates: 6.7gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 0.9gProtein: 25.8g
Pesto! Pesto! Pesto!
I love pesto. Making your own pesto isn’t that difficult, but (where I live, at least) it ends up being more expensive (unless you’re growing your own basil). A quality store-bought pesto is just as good as homemade!
Do you make your own pesto or use store-bought? Let me know in the comments!
Want more? Why not try this tasty Keto Cheeseburger Casserole next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.