Martini’s can be made with Gin or Vodka. I prefer gin because it’s better (personal preference doesn’t always need a deep reason, ya know).
Try my classic recipe today!
MartiniCourse: cocktailDifficulty: easy
2.5 oz Gin
1.5 oz Vermouth, dry
1 dash Bitters, orange or aromatic
- Garnish Ideas
1 or 3 Olives (2 is considered bad luck)
- Fill a mixing glass with ice cubes.
- Add gin and vermouth.
- Stir for 25 to 30 seconds.
- Strain into a glass & add bitters.
- Garnish & Enjoy!
- Contrary to what you might have learned from Bond, Martini’s should be stirred and not shaken. Shaking is for complex drinks.
- Serve a better martini by chilling! Chill the glass, chill the bottles of gin and vermouth, you can even chill the mixing glass. Martinis are best ice-cold!
Stirred not Shaken!
There are tons of martini variations. What’s yours? Share the recipe in the comments!
Want another gin cocktail? Check out my Negroni Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
Please Drink Responsibly!
Seriously. Don’t drink and drive, ever! Know your limits. Be responsible.
If you (or someone you know) is struggling with alcohol, please check this list of resources that can help.