Tacos are best with a crunchy shell but grains are a no-no on the keto diet. Luckily, this keto taco recipe comes with crunchy, yummy cheese shells!
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- 16 tbsp (1 cup) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 6 four-inch squares of Parchment Paper
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
Make the Cheese Shells
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Put parchment squares onto a large baking sheet without overlap.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of cheese onto each square.
- Bake until bubbly and edges begin to turn golden (5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two.
- While cooling, spray taco stands with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully transfer melted cheese circles to taco stand. Fit another taco stand on top. Repeat until all cheese circles are shaped and pressed.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Make the Taco Filling
- Add oil & ground beef to a large skillet. Cook ground beef, crumbling as it cooks. Once brown, drain excess grease.
- Mix in onion, garlic, chili, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until onion and garlic are fragrant and translucent (about 5 minutes).
Assemble Your Tacos
- Fill cheese shells with taco mixture.
- Add your favorite taco toppings (cabbage, lettuce, cheese, guac, etc).
No taco stand? No problem! Use 2 muffin tins or nest ramekins together or use your hands.
Taco stands will make it easiest to create that taco shape, but cheese melts are just as delicious flat (or bowl-shaped).
Serving Size:2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 20.2gSaturated Fat: 9.2gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 4.3gNet Carbohydrates: 3.2gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 42g
You might want to make a double batch of cheese shells because they’re the best shell you’ll ever eat. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Share your favorite taco toppings in the comments.
Want more? Try my Spinach Salad Recipe next!
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.