A roasted chicken is a quick and easy meal. Plus, there are so many options for leftovers! Try this delicious, easy, and keto whole roasted chicken recipe for dinner one night this week!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Sprinkle inside and outside with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add half the butter & lemon slices into the cavity of the chicken.
- Spread remaining half of butter & lemon slices around the outside of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered until an internal temperature of 180°F (82°C) is reached. Cooking time is about 90 minutes (but will vary based on oven and chicken).
- Remove from oven and baste with drippings.
- Cover and rest for 30 minutes before serving.
Feel free to customize this chicken by adding fresh herbs, fresh garlic, or more seasonings.
If there is a lot of extra space around your chicken in the roasting pan, add some vegetables. This will prevent the drippings from burning (and offer you a delicious side dish for your chicken).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 20.8gSaturated Fat: 7.8gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 1.7gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.8gProtein: 31.4g
Eat the Skin!
I highly recommend you eat the skin of this chicken! The butter makes it so, so, so delicious.
Head to the comments and share your favorite thing to do with leftover roasted chicken.
Want more? Check out my Keto Pesto Chicken Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.