This post may contain affiliate links. This means we receive a commission on the sale of certain items. This is at NO additional cost to you. Visit the policies page to learn more.
First off, this is not a traditional Shawarma because we’re just going to bake our chicken thighs in the oven.
However, you could bake this in a more traditional manner if you purchase a Shawarma Skewer and layer the chicken thighs onto it.
Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- 6 to 8 Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 tbsp Coriander, ground
- 2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprkia
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- In bowl, combine spices (coriander, cumin, onion, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, chili, salt, pepper).
- Add garlic, ginger, olive oil, and honey. Mix well.
- Add chicken to bowl and massage spice blend into chicken.
Optional: Leave chicken to marinate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Transfer chicken to a lined 9-inch oven-safe baking dish.
- Cook20to30 minutes(until internal temperature of 165°F/75°C).
- Remove from oven, cover & let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
You can make this with chicken breast but it will need 35 to 45 minutes to cook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3.8gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 532mgCarbohydrates: 7.6gNet Carbohydrates: 6.8gFiber: 0.8gSugar: 4.7gProtein: 29.2g
So Much Flavor!
This Chicken Shawarma Recipe is just packed with flavors. You’ll love it!
What’s your favorite Mediterranean meal? Share it in the comments!
Ready for more? Try one of these delicious Greek Yogurt Recipes (toppings or as an ingredient) next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
MediterraneanMeal Plan eBook
Get the 11-page B&W ebook which includes the meal plan, shopping list, snack ideas, and all 7 recipes! Plus, when you’re part of the Crew you’ll receive even more exclusive content including tips, deals, and more!
Welcome to the Crew, please check your email.