This post may contain affiliate links. This means we receive a commission on the sale of certain items. This is at NO additional cost to you. Visit the policies page to learn more.
This Spanish Chicken Recipe is a complete dish in only 40 minutes. It’s nutritious, delicious, easy, and filling. You might just have every ingredient you need already on hand!
Spanish Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup White or Brown Rice, uncooked
- 2.25 cups Broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- In a small bowl, whisk together spices (paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, chili, coriander, Italian)
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken legs, 1/2 tbsp oil, and half of spice mixture.
Optional: allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and brown chicken legs (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add lemon juice and broth to de-glaze pan (stir around and loosen any bits attached to the pan). Add remaining spice mixture and rice. Stir to combine.
- Place browned chicken on top of rice. Cover and cook for ~25 minutes until chicken is 165°F/75°C, liquid is absorbed, and rice is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 22.9gSaturated Fat: 5.5gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 26.9gNet Carbohydrates: 25.7gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 2.6gProtein: 35.4g
A Complete Meal
Not only will this make a great dinner tonight, this Spanish chicken is just as good the next day!
What type of rice do you prefer in your one-pot meals? Share in the comments!
Ready for more? Check out my delicious Chicken Shawarma Recipe next.
Like this post? Please PIN IT on Pinterest. Thanks.
MediterraneanMeal Plan eBook
Get the 11-page B&W ebook which includes the meal plan, shopping list, snack ideas, and all 7 recipes! Plus, when you’re part of the Crew you’ll receive even more exclusive content including tips, deals, and more!
Welcome to the Crew, please check your email.